Addressing the “Printer Driver is Unavailable” issue involves employing several methods and techniques. The appearance of this error message is typically attributed to various factors.
Before delving into the solutions for resolving the “Printer Driver is Unavailable” issue on the device in use, it is prudent to first understand the underlying causes of this error message. The comprehensive explanation is outlined below.
Causes of the Printer Driver is Unavailable Error
The “Printer Driver is Unavailable” error is a common occurrence for Windows 10 users. This message is prominently displayed in the device status. Multiple factors can contribute to the emergence of this problem.
As cited from Software Keep, the common causes of the “Printer Driver is Unavailable” error often stem from issues with the printer driver installed on the Windows device. Examples include missing printer drivers or incorrect installations.
Damaged or incompatible printer drivers with the operating system can also lead to the appearance of error messages on both the printer device and the laptop.
Additionally, failure to regularly update printer drivers on the computer and the presence of system bugs in Windows are also identified as potential causes of this error.
Resolving the Printer Driver is Unavailable Issue
Having identified the causes of the “Printer Driver is Unavailable” error, the following are some expert-recommended methods to address this challenge.
1. Reconnect the Printer
Sometimes, printer issues can be rectified by reconnecting it to the device. To do this, remove the printer from the system and disconnect it. Follow these steps:
- Open the ‘Control Panel’ through the Start menu search bar.
- Click on ‘View Device and Printers’ under the ‘Hardware and Sound’ menu.
- Right-click on the problematic printer and select ‘Remove Device.’
- Confirm the action and select ‘Yes’ to disconnect the printer.
- Reconnect the printer according to its type.
Implementing these professional procedures should effectively tackle the “Printer Driver is Unavailable” issue, restoring seamless functionality to your printing devices.
2. Update Printer Driver
Another alternative is to update the printer driver on your computer device.
Resolving Printer Driver is Unavailable by Updating the Driver
Follow these step:
- Access the Device Manager Menu
Navigate to the Device Manager menu by clicking on the Start menu on the taskbar or pressing the Windows key on the keyboard. Type ‘Device Manager’ into the search bar. Then, select the appearing option.
- Click on Printer Queues Option
Once in the Device Manager menu, scroll down and click on the ‘Print Queues’ option.
- Update the Driver
Right-click on the problematic printer and choose the ‘Update Driver’ option. Next, click ‘Search Automatically for Drivers’ in the new window that appears.
- Wait for the Update to Complete
Allow the system to install the latest driver. If successful, the screen will display information confirming the proper installation of the printer driver.
Click Close or the red x icon to exit the menu.
3. Update Windows System
Updating Windows can also address issues on devices, including the ‘Printer Driver is Unavailable’ error. Here’s how to update the Windows 10 system:
- Open the Settings menu by simultaneously pressing the Windows + I keys.
- Choose ‘Update & Security’ from the displayed menu list.
- Click on ‘Windows Update’ in the menu on the left.
- Tap the ‘Check for updates’ button on the right.
- Install the available updates.
- After completion, restart the device.
- Check if the printer error has been resolved.
These are three alternative methods to address the ‘printer driver is unavailable’ issue that can be attempted. Hopefully, the above information proves helpful.